Give the Gift of Self Defense!
Class Gift Certificates
Before purchasing a carry class
gift certificate, please check the recipient's eligibility. Each of the following statements should be true:
- Recipient is experienced in shooting a handgun [more info]
To register for the carry class, you must already know how to safely
load, shoot, and unload a revolver or semiauto pistol.
The class does include a shooting qualification exercise, as required by law, and no one gets rubber-stamped. You should be in practice!
If you haven't shot your gun in a while, you might want to hit the range the week before class.
If, for some reason, you don't pass the qualification (this is rare, but it does happen), you can either a) arrange for some coaching with me or any other instructor, or b) get some practice in. You can then come back and re-take the qualification at my next class, usually in two weeks.
If you're a beginner, and you'd like to start with some basic pistol training, contact me by using the form at the bottom of the contact page
- Recipient is a US Citizen or Permanent Resident [more info]
State law says you need to be a citizen or have a "green card." A temporary visa (student, tourist, H1B) is not sufficient.
- Recipient will be at least 20 years of age on the date of the class [more info]
You must be 21 to apply for a permit, but you may take the class up to a year before you apply, so you can take the class as soon as you turn 20.
- Recipient has never been convicted of a felony, a misdemeanor crime of violence, or a stalking offense [more info]
- Recipient has never been involuntarily committed to a mental health treatment program [more info]
- Recipient has never been convicted of a drug offense, or involuntarily committed to a drug abuse treatment program [more info]
- Recipient is not listed as a suspected gang member in the state gang task force database [more info]
- I acknowledge that before the recipient may take the class, he or she must consent to a criminal and public records search to confirm any information he or she provides and his or her eligibility to receive a permit to carry.
"The class was great. I feel I can refer you to anyone, and compared to the level of knowlege other instructors posess, I feel I got a good deal."