Here are the currently scheduled classes.
|Minnesota Permit to Carry
||Saturday, January 30th, 2021
||Stock and Barrel
Take a CARRY or BEGINNER-TO-CARRY class
Before registering, please check your eligibility. Each of the following statements should be true:
- I am experienced in shooting a handgun [more info]
To register for the carry class, you must already know how to safely
load, shoot, and unload a revolver or semiauto pistol.
The class does include a shooting qualification exercise, as required by law, and no one gets rubber-stamped. You should be in practice!
If you haven't shot your gun in a while, you might want to hit the range the week before class.
If, for some reason, you don't pass the qualification (this is rare, but it does happen), you can either a) arrange for some coaching with me or any other instructor, or b) get some practice in. You can then come back and re-take the qualification at my next class, usually in two weeks.
If you're a beginner, and you'd like to start with some basic pistol training, contact me by using the form at the bottom of the contact page
- I am a US Citizen or Permanent Resident [more info]
State law says you need to be a citizen or have a "green card." A temporary visa (student, tourist, H1B) is not sufficient.
- I will be at least 20 years of age on the date of the class [more info]
You must be 21 to apply for a permit, but you may take the class up to a year before you apply, so you can take the class as soon as you turn 20.
- I have never been convicted of a felony, a misdemeanor crime of violence, or a stalking offense [more info]
- I have never been involuntarily committed to a mental health treatment program [more info]
- I have never been convicted of a drug offense, or involuntarily committed to a drug abuse treatment program [more info]
- I am not listed as a suspected gang member in the state gang task force database [more info]
- I acknowledge that by registering, I consent to a criminal and public records search to confirm any information I provide and my eligibility to receive a permit to carry.
About My Online Classes
In the age of COVID, I now offer some classes online. These are the same full-length, in-person classes that I offer in the classroom.
To participate in these classes, you must have an internet connection, a camera, and a microphone. Although you can use a mobile phone, a
tablet or computer will probably be more comfortable for you.
Full participation is required.
If you're not tuned in, I can't in good conscience certify you for a carry permit.
Online classes still require an in-perosn shooting qualification
. These will be scheduled on one of several weekend days,
to avoid crowding and waiting at the range.
If you meet the above criteria, you can register and pay for a class by choosing an option below:
Register for a PISTOL BEGINNER class ($119)
We are scheduling more beginner classes right now! Please check back soon, or leave your email with us on the contact page
to be notified of upcoming classes.
Register for a Beginner-To-Carry Class
Please contact me
to schedule this class before registering.
"I'm glad I took it, and have told others about his class."
- Skip H., 60